Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Storing Stampin' Up Dies

So, if you've ever purchased any of Stampin' Up's wonderful Framelit dies, you know they come in a great plastic envelope for storing them in. I store them in a pretty little basket given to me as a birthday gift from a great friend. But you also know that they are simply adhered to a thin piece of cardboard with some strong double sided adhesive tape. That's great for shipping, but not for everyday use. The first time you try to use a die, you feel as though you're going to snap it in half while trying to remove it from the adhesive. And once you've used them a few times, the adhesive has worn down, and doesn't hold the dies in place any longer.
Well, sometime ago, I found a wonderful solution that someone shared online. Magnet sheets! So, off to the dollar store I went. And I must tell you, all magnetic sheets are not created equally! The first sheets I found were flimsy, and didn't really have much strength to hold the dies in place as I slid them in and out of the envelope during use. I found much stronger sheets at our Dollar Tree in the craft section. I just trimmed them down to size with my large counter-top Fiskars cutter, and added the Framelit dies.

Now, I was so happy with my creation, but there was one little problem- whenever I went looking for a set of dies, I found it very difficult to read the names on the envelopes. Today, I finally got around to doing what I've had in mind for a few days- I pulled out the 'liquid paper'!, Ok, it's not called that anymore, I know, but old habits die hard, as they say. So I grabbed my roll of 'white out' and rolled away- doesn't it look great?! Now I can easily read the names. I'm one happy stamper!


So, last time I admitted that I'm not so great at this blogging thing. But look at me-back again two weeks later, just as I had hoped! Of course, I have an entire day off work to thank for it. Now, I'm obviously on a roll- hope I keep it this way! February's Card Class cards will be coming soon!

See you then!
Chris




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks!