Monday, June 12, 2017

Hello Again

So, a little over two months ago, I decided I really should post in my blog- it had been quite awhile. Well, lo and behold, when I logged on, I discovered it had been almost a year! How could that be?!? I had been determined to post regularly! After all, I host a card making night each month- that's four cards each and every month to share with you! So, how could I have let an entire year go by?
Unfortunately the answer is easy, and humbling to admit to- I'm a terrible procrastinator, and as my hubby loves to remind me- I get distracted very easily.
And though my procrastination and distractedness, I have now let another two months pass by. I'm truly disappointed in myself. I know friends like to see what I've been making. It's really not that difficult to snap a couple pictures of what we've made. But there I am, thinking the pictures need to be top notch- so how do I do that? To Pinterest I go... oh look- I have that stamp set! ... that's a great card, we should do that..... what did Sarah pin? Oh look, 6 emails... Better clean out those 253 emails in the junk folder. And so it goes; four hours and one snack later, it's time to make dinner, and I didn't even take one picture, let alone type up a little blog! Ugh!
So, needless to say I'm frustrated with myself. But, knowing you have a problem is half the battle, right? So I will continue to work on focusing, and staying away from distractions, when I set me mind to doing my blog. I will continue to strive to do better. Please be patient with me as I try to defeat my bad habits.
And without further ado- let's look at some cards!
My favourite from January's class.

The inside.

I knew I wanted to use this fun set from this year's Sale-a-bration flyer, with the sentiment from Me=Grateful. Because who doesn't think the chick with the crazy hair is awesome!? I decided I wanted to do something different, so I went to one of my favourite resources, Splitcoaststampers, and searched for a different 'fold' card. I found this one rather quickly and thought it was perfect for what I had in mind. I love it when I come up with my own card design- it doesn't happen very often!

March's Moon Baby

I fell in love with the Moon Baby set immediately when I saw it in the Winter/Spring Occasions catalogue. I'm so happy it made it's way into the 2017-2018 Annual Catalogue!
I love the technique that I used here. I stamped the image in a light yellow ink, then water coloured with my ink refills/ink pads. I lightly outlined the finished image with Soft Suede ink. The finished effect makes me think of a children's storybook. Sorry, I'm not sure were I learned it specifically- someone's wonderful card on Pinterest!

So, I think that's it for now. I WILL write again soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks!