Saturday, June 17, 2017

Some of my Favourites from April and May

Ever since we bought our 1965 vintage trailer four years ago, our family has really been into everything vintage/retro.  So, Oh my gosh! When I saw this card, I just knew I HAD to make it! I found Sandi's card on Pinterest, and followed the link to her site, Stampin With Sandi. Sandi, this is an awesome card! I was all set to order the mint macaroni DSP, when I remembered that I still had a ton of Mint Macaron pieces from the Tins of Cards our club had made last year. They were meant to go on the tabbed dividers, but no one wanted to use them. They all preferred their dividers plain white, as I did. So we said that we would find a use for them someday, and this is that some day.
Funnily enough, if the macaron was more blue, say Pool Party, it would be the exact colour scheme that we had originally planned to use in our trailer. (FYI- we went brown and blue instead.)

Retro April card, Perfect Mix
I fell in love with the Succulents DSP, so even though I knew it wouldn't be around long, I got some anyway. This is the first card I made with it, in April. Because my current focus was on retiring products, I chose to pair Me=Grateful with the DSP. I'm sorry I cannot find the original card that I used for my inspiration. Love the sweet sugarplum card stock that I used for the scallop circle behind the sentiment. Sweet sugarplum is one of the 2016-2018 In Colours, and will be available until the end of May 2018.

CAS Thanks using Succulents DSP
As a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I am privileged to receive newsletters full of tips and inspiration to help me in my card making business. In one of our latest newsletters, the new Daisy Delight set was highlighted, and I just adored this card. I followed their advice/suggestions almost perfectly. However, I forgot to colour the Calypso Coral daisies on the card base. I decided it looked nice just like it was. Using the stitched shapes framelits to cut the little frames was a great idea- now I need to come up with a plan for the 30 little Pool Party squares that were left behind. Because I don't yet own a set of Stampin' Up!'s watercolour pencil crayons, I had to improvise and use the set I purchased about 14 years ago, when I first started stamping. They have served me well over the years.

Calypso Coral Daisy Thank You Card
I was so excited to see the Sweet Treats stamp set move on into the 2017-2018 Annual Catalogue. It is such a fun summery set! I found Andrea's great card on Pinterest. She shares how she made her card here. She did a lot of great shading, but I found my shading didn't look as nice as hers does. SO I skipped the shading, and used the stamped highlight instead. I also used my Wink of Stella pen to make the popsicles sparkly. They look so yummy in person!

Cool Treats CAS card
Well, I hope you enjoyed checking out these cards from our last two months' card classes.
Talk to you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks!