Monday, July 24, 2017

June's Card Class

Sorry for the delay on posting- its's been a busy month! The day after my last card class in June, Bill hustled me out of the house at 8:00 am- on a Saturday- ugh! But it was for a good cause- I was going to Texas with him! I will share more about that next time.
Here are the cards we did in June. I asked my ladies what they were interested in doing this month, and the first response I received was all cards form one stamp set. Since I had already been playing with the Daisy Delight bundle, and had this bright sunny card all set to go- that was the set we used. I'm afraid Pinterest doesn't seem to be working for me this evening, so I cannot say who's beautiful card inspired me to create this. Hopefully I can let you know soon. 
Bright and sunny. Daisy punch with sentiment from Cool Treats.

Another card inspired by a Pinterest find. I have always loved my Hardwood background; I use it a lot. I think I would say Shasta daisies are my favourite, but then I really do love any and all daisies!
Shasta daisies on Hardwood.

As a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I receive lots of help, advice and inspiration from the Stampin' Up! team. This card was created by someone from Stampin' Up!'s design team, and then shared with us in an email, to help inspire us to make some great daisy cards. I loved that the "other flowers" were the focus of this card. So often we get transfixed on the focal piece of a stamp set, and forget about everything else. This card was so perfect, I don't believe I changed a thing. Thank You is embossed in gold embossing powder, and really gives the card an elegant look.

CAS Thank You with Daisy Delight
So, I'm pretty proud of myself in regards to this next card. I was looking for a way to incorporate the three tiny daisies stamp, and I thought it was possible that we could do too many large daisies. Not in my opinion- but maybe someone else's! :-)  Actually, I spent time trying to create purple coneflower. I was successful with the flowers- they were beautiful- but I was having trouble coming up with a stem that would work well. So I scrapped them for the time being, and moved on to what turned into this beauty. This is the new In Colour, Lemon Lime Twist. It looks quite sharp with black and white. I originally stamped the three daisies in the Lemon Lime Twist on the white card stock, but decided that it was just too plain and I didn't like it. So, I stamped them in black on a strip of CS. That was nicer, but the card was still boring. So, I went to my stash of DSP, and found this retired DSP pack- completely black and white! I'm so happy with how this card turned out!
Lemon Lime Twist Thank You
Thanks so much for checking out what I do. I am currently working on cards for this month's class- just a few days away! So I better get back to that. I will share a little about my trip to Texas soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks!